Pontiac Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
We Serve Clients Throughout the State of Michigan
Thousands of careful pedestrians are injured or killed by negligent drivers every year in Michigan. Were you seriously injured because you were hit by an automobile while walking or biking? Don’t be a victim twice! Get help from our experienced Pontiac and Southeastern Michigan pedestrian accident lawyers. Bashore Green Law Group will help you obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. Our Detroit area pedestrian accident lawyers have years of experience handling these types of injury cases and have helped our clients recover millions in damages.
Types of Pedestrian Injuries
Whether walking, jogging, biking, or even sitting in public, pedestrians can be vulnerable to an accident caused by a negligent driver. When struck by a car or truck, victims can sustain severe and devastating injuries. Not only is there a risk of harm from colliding with the vehicle, but there is also risk from the impact of striking the ground.
Common injuries suffered in pedestrian accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Internal injuries
- Wrongful death
Being struck by a vehicle can be a traumatic experience. Not only must victims deal with the challenges of sustaining a severe injury, but they must also cope with the emotional trauma it causes. A team of skilled attorneys can help ensure that you get the compensation you need to recover and move on with your life.
Pedestrian Accident Safety for Motorists & Pedestrians
If both pedestrians and motorists followed the rules of the road pedestrian accidents would increase dramatically. Many drivers strike people on foot simply because they forget to look out for pedestrians in general—until it’s too late.
Pedestrians can keep safe by:
- Wearing bright, reflective colors—especially after dark.
- Walk on a sidewalk or path, if available.
- If a pedestrian walkway is not available, walk against traffic and as far away from vehicle traffic as possible.
- Always cross roadways at marked crosswalks or intersections when possible.
- Continue to watch for traffic as you cross.
- Keep in mind that it is just as important for motorists to see you as it is for you to watch for oncoming vehicles—make eye contact with drivers before and/or while crossing if possible.
- Never cross from behind cars or other obstructions so motorists can spot you ahead of time.
Motorists should always keep the following in mind, even when pedestrians are not in view:
- Always look out for pedestrians.
- Stop or yield for pedestrians in all crosswalks.
- Never pass other vehicles that are stopped at a crosswalk.
- Be extra alert in residential areas, school zones, and other areas where children are more likely to be present.
- Drive at or under posted speed limits, especially in pedestrian heavy areas.
Discuss Your Case with Our Pontiac Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Our experienced legal team delivers legal services with the highest standard of integrity and professionalism. When you hire Bashore Green Law Group, you can have peace of mind knowing that your case is in capable and trustworthy hands. We collect no legal fees unless you win a settlement.
To speak with our skilled pedestrian accident lawyers about your next steps toward compensation, contact us online or call (248) 487-1887 today. We are available 24/7 and speak English, Spanish, Arabic, Lebanese, Russian, and Ukrainian.
Answered all of my questions.- Rashanda M.
Very satisfied with everyone at Bashore Green Law Firm.- Lora S.
Very professional service.- Stephen H.
You can't get better than Bashore Green Law firm.- Felicia A.
They actually care.- MT.
Work directly with our experienced attorneys.Meet Our Team
Compassionate in our approach. Learn how our team prioritizes you.Read Our Reviews
You don't pay unless we win. See our previous success stories.See Our Victories
Available to meet through, video, phone or in person consults.Speak With Us