Michigan Burn Injury Attorneys
Client-Focused Legal Representation for the Injured
Burns can be excruciating. Whether you acquired them in a fire or explosion, life can feel incredibly challenging when dealing with physical pain, scarring, and psychological trauma. Your financial situation only complicates things, which is why Bashore Green Law Group is here to take legal action against those who caused your injuries.
By filing personal injury claims, our Michigan burn injury lawyers can help collect compensation to cover your medical bills, lost income, and other burns-related damages. With over a decade of firm experience and millions of dollars won for our clients, we have the track record needed to achieve your legal goals after injury.
Common Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are catastrophic injuries that can come with lifelong consequences, such as permanent scarring and possible nerve damage, causing the affected part of your body to lose its ability to sense or feel. Chemical, electrical, thermal, and radiation burns can also be severe.
Burns are also categorized according to the severity of damage to the skin:
- First-degree: These burns only impact your outer layer of skin, leaving it red but not blistered. Sunburns are a prime example of a first-degree burn.
- Second-degree: This burn impacts the outer layer of your skin and the dermis, the layer beneath it. Your skin may be bright red and swollen. Blisters are common. A deep partial-thickness burn may leave a scar or permanently change the color of your skin.
- Third-degree: This burn injury destroys two layers of your skin and won't hurt because your nerve endings have been damaged. These burns appear black, brown, white, or yellow, almost always leading to permanent scarring.
- Fourth-degree: This type of burn can even be life-threatening. These burns not only damage your skin but the surrounding bones, tendons, and muscles as well.
In addition to the pain, scarring, and need for skin grafting and surgery that burns cause, they can also lead to complications like infection, as well as joint and bone problems. These complications most frequently occur with third or fourth-degree burns because bacteria can more easily enter your broken skin. Severe burns can also involve the risk of hypothermia or hypovolemia when you lose too much body heat or blood from a burn.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries commonly occur after fires and explosions, which is why they can occur in car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents. While many people associate car crashes with broken bones and head injuries, burns can occur when cars catch fire from damaged fuel tanks. Truck accidents can also cause significant fires and even explosions if it turns out their cargo is flammable, posing a danger to victims who may be trapped in their vehicles.
Other common causes of burn injuries include:
- Defective products: Dangerous products like hairdryers can overheat and cause scalding burns or even burst into blame, leading to severe burns.
- Apartment or hotel fires: Dangerous conditions can cause fires, making it difficult for residents to escape. Property owners can sometimes be at fault for these injuries.
- Chemical accidents: Chemical burns can occur when people come into contact with dangerous chemicals, typically while on the job in labs or worksites. However, everyday individuals can also be burned at home by household products.
Various parties can be held responsible for burn injuries depending on the nature of the accident. For example, when a defective product causes a burn, the manufacturer or distributor can be sued in a product liability lawsuit. At the same time, gas companies could be liable for negligence if a gas explosion occurred. Hiring one of our experienced lawyers is the best way to determine the cause of your injuries and who might be liable for damages.
Understanding the Long-Term Effects of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can have devastating long-lasting effects on a person's physical and emotional well-being. In addition to the initial pain and discomfort, burn victims may suffer from scarring, disfigurement, and permanent disability. Our burn injury lawyers understand the challenges burn victims face and are committed to helping them get the compensation they deserve.
Some of the long-term effects of burn injuries include:
- Chronic pain
- Emotional trauma and PTSD
- Loss of mobility or function
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Increased risk of infections and other complications
Call Our Burn Injury Lawyers Today: (248) 487-1887
At Bashore Green Law Group, we believe burn injury victims deserve compassionate and client-focused legal representation. We work tirelessly to ensure our clients receive the care and compensation they need to move forward with their lives after a burn injury. If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, don't hesitate to contact our Michigan personal injury lawyers today. The sooner you meet with us, the sooner we can achieve justice and help you fully heal from your burns. Expenses like skin grafting and cosmetic surgery don't come cheap—we can make sure you have the compensation you need to cover these costs and more.
Commonly Asked Questions
What types of burn injuries are there?
Burns are categorized according to the severity of damage to the skin. The degrees of burns include first-degree (impacting only your outer layer of skin), second-degree (affecting both the outer and dermis layers of your skin), third-degree (destroying two layers of your skin and damaging nerve endings), and fourth-degree (damaging not only the skin but also surrounding bones, tendons, and muscles).
Are there potential complications associated with serious burns?
Yes, severe burns can come with a variety of complications, including infection, hypothermia/hypovolemia due to the loss of body heat/blood from a burn, joint and bone problems, as well as permanent scarring.
Can I file a personal injury claim for my burn injury?
Yes. By filing a personal injury claim, our lawyers can fight to help you collect compensation to cover medical bills, lost income, and other damages associated with burns.
I am so thankful for and appreciative.- Heidi G.
Answered all of my questions.- Rashanda M.
Very satisfied with everyone at Bashore Green Law Firm.- Lora S.
Very professional service.- Stephen H.
You can't get better than Bashore Green Law firm.- Felicia A.
Work directly with our experienced attorneys.Meet Our Team
Compassionate in our approach. Learn how our team prioritizes you.Read Our Reviews
You don't pay unless we win. See our previous success stories.See Our Victories
Available to meet through, video, phone or in person consults.Speak With Us