Michigan Brain Injury Attorneys
Accessible 24/7 for Our Clients in Need
Your brain is, arguably, the most important organ in your body. It controls your coordination and bodily reactions, holds onto your memories, and allows you to think thoughts and process feelings and emotions. This is why suffering a brain injury in an accident is a severe injury that can alter the course of your life.
Treating this injury can also be incredibly expensive, especially if it involves permanent damage that needs lifelong medical care. The brain injury lawyers at Bashore Green Law Group have cared for our clients’ well-being since 2008 and can successfully win compensation for you through a personal injury lawsuit. No one should get away with negligence when it causes an accident that adversley impacts a person’s quality of life.
Call our firm today for 24/7 accessibility at (248) 487-1887. Since 2008, our team has been committed to giving our clients unparalleled customer service.
How Brain Injuries Occur
Brain injuries associated with personal injury claims are often referred to as traumatic brain injuries because they usually occur when the brain has sustained trauma in an accident, such as being jolted or penetrated. It could include a fracture or break in the skull that exposes the brain. Blast injuries occur when the head injury is a result of an explosion.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), some of the top causes of brain injuries include:
- Slip and fall accidents: Brain injuries are common among slip and falls when victims trip on wet flooring or fall down flights of stairs. Head injuries are common in these scenarios. Construction workers can also acquire these injuries when they fall from heights.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Car accidents are one of the leading causes of all injuries, so it comes as no surprise to find that they’re also responsible for many brain injuries and deaths relating to brain injury. Pedestrians and bicyclists who are injured in car crashes tend to suffer from brain injuries the most because they lack the protection that others have, from helmets to airbags and seat belts.
- Medical malpractice: Your brain could be injured by a medical professional either in a routine surgery or when a doctor fails to diagnose or misdiagnoses your injury. For instance, your doctor could fail to detect you have blood vessel damage, which can lead to a stroke or blood clots.
Beyond these common accidents, brain injuries can virtually occur after any accident in which your head is struck or jolted. While some brain injuries are temporary, many of them are severe and can result in torn tissue, bleeding, bruising, and other physical damages.
Signs You May Have a Brain Injury
Brain injuries aren’t always apparent in the aftermath of a crash or fall; sometimes, they take days or weeks to appear. And unfortunately, it’s common for some people to ignore the signs of a brain injury until it’s too late. Seek medical attention after an accident, even if you’re not in any pain and especially if you hit your head. Only a medical professional can run tests and treat your brain injuries properly, so they don’t develop into something more serious.
Know the signs of a brain injury. If you experience any of the following after your accident, call your doctor and get treated as soon as possible:
- Loss of consciousness for seconds or minutes
- Trouble concentrating
- Confusion or disorientation
- Insomnia or sleep problems
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sounds
- Constant headaches
- Convulsions or seizures
Call Us to Begin Healing
Brain injuries tend to be expensive to treat because of their catastrophic nature, especially if you suffer additional complications or permanent damage. In addition, your emergency medical bills, permanent brain damage may require you to quit your job and hire at-home nursing care if you can no longer perform basic responsibilities, since it can affect your cognition and ability to communicate.
Our brain injury lawyers will learn more about how your brain injury has impacted your quality of life. We take all of your costs into consideration when we start your claim, so we know just how much you’re entitled to. Some damages we’ve acquired for brain injury victims include medical bills, lost wages or future earning capacity, rehabilitation, long-term care, and pain and suffering.
Whether you were injured in a car accident or your loved one fell into a coma after a fall, you can trust us to give your case the individualized attention it deserves while also applying our knowledge and experience from past successful cases.
Don’t wait to start your case. Call our brain injury lawyers if you’re in Michigan at (248) 487-1887 to schedule your free case evaluation.
I am so thankful for and appreciative.- Heidi G.
Answered all of my questions.- Rashanda M.
Very satisfied with everyone at Bashore Green Law Firm.- Lora S.
Very professional service.- Stephen H.
You can't get better than Bashore Green Law firm.- Felicia A.
Work directly with our experienced attorneys.Meet Our Team
Compassionate in our approach. Learn how our team prioritizes you.Read Our Reviews
You don't pay unless we win. See our previous success stories.See Our Victories
Available to meet through, video, phone or in person consults.Speak With Us