Through all of the lockdowns, trucks are needed in transporting items where they need to be. Truckers are essential and are on roads at all times of the day and night. If you happen to be involved in an accident, and require a Pontiac semi-truck accident lawyer, Bashore Green Law Group is here to fight for you.
Most commercial truck drivers are hard-working and careful drivers and they are out to make a living just like everyone else. They take care of their rigs and understand the rules of the road. Truckers are also subject to other drivers around them who cut into their lanes, drive carelessly, and create hazardous situations. Our Pontiac commercial vehicle accident lawyers understand this. Unfortunately, there are also truckers and companies who do not take precautions. Whenever a commercial truck accident occurs, it is often for the following reasons:
However, there are a small minority of truck drivers or companies that do not take these same precautions. Too often, accidents occur because of one or more of several reasons:
- The driver was driving too many hours
- The driver was not experienced in the rules of the road
- The driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- The truck failed inspection standards
- The truck was carrying an unsafe load
- The truck experienced equipment failure
- The driver was operating his vehicle in an unsafe way
- The truck had equipment which should have been replaced
There are special trucking safety regulations that apply to all truck drivers and companies, which is why it is so important to have an experienced lawyer by your side. Most truck accidents occur because of some error on the part of the driver. If you have been injured in this type of accident, it is vital to contact a Pontiac commercial vehicle accident attorney as soon as possible.
Statistics Tell the Story
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, most deaths that occur in large truck crashes are those in passenger vehicles. Trucks are heavier and taller than other vehicles in which the smaller cars can easily slide under them. The consequences of these factors are often deadly.
Here are some statistics which offer a sobering insight into commercial truck accidents in 2018:
- 74% of deaths in large truck crashes were in crashes with tractor-trailers.
- 27% were in crashes involving a single-unit truck.
- Two-vehicle crashes involving a passenger car and a large truck, resulted in 96% of the deaths occurring in the passenger vehicles.
- A total of 4,136 people died in large truck crashes in 2018. Of those, 16% were in the trucks, 67% were in passenger vehicles, and 15% were pedestrians, motorcyclists or bicyclists.
- From 2009 to 2018, the number of people killed in large truck crashes increased by 31%.
- Truck occupants who died increased by 51% from 2009.
- 52% of deaths in 2018 with large trucks, occurred on major highways other than interstates and 33% occurred on interstates and freeways. 14% occurred on minor roads.
If you have been injured in any commercial truck crash, it is best to seek legal advice as soon as possible. A Pontiac semi-truck accident attorney will have the answers you are seeking.
One of the biggest problems with large truck crashes is braking. When a tractor-trailer is loaded and traveling at top speed down the road, it can take 20-40% longer and further for that truck to stop. Poorly maintained brakes and slippery, wet roads only make the situation worse.
Truck driver fatigue is another major cause of large truck crashes. Statistics point to many drivers violating the rules and driving long hours, when they should not be on the road at all. Federal hours-of-service regulations do allow for drivers of large trucks to drive up to 11 hours a day (or night).
A Pontiac Truck Accident Lawyer You Can Trust
When you contact a Pontiac truck accident injury lawyer, they will have the expertise to see that you receive the justice you deserve. If the negligence of a truck driver has caused death or serious injury to you or a loved one, our team of professionals are committed to helping you.
Let a Pontiac truck accident attorney review your case. There might be information that has not been forthcoming to you, or delays on the part of those involved in the accident. There are many contributing factors to any commercial truck accident. At Bashore Green Law Group, we have the experience to help you get the compensation you deserve. If you need a Pontiac commercial vehicle accident lawyer, we are ready to help you.
I am so thankful for and appreciative.- Heidi G.
Answered all of my questions.- Rashanda M.
Very satisfied with everyone at Bashore Green Law Firm.- Lora S.
Very professional service.- Stephen H.
You can't get better than Bashore Green Law firm.- Felicia A.
Work directly with our experienced attorneys.Meet Our Team
Compassionate in our approach. Learn how our team prioritizes you.Read Our Reviews
You don't pay unless we win. See our previous success stories.See Our Victories
Available to meet through, video, phone or in person consults.Speak With Us